Careers at JohnDow Industries
For over 35 years, JohnDow Industries has grown year-over-year by providing the Automotive Aftermarket with high quality, innovative repair shop products with exceptional service and support. As we continue this growth, we are now looking for driven individuals to join our team!
Associate Buyer Position Overview
The Associate Buyer position is responsible for purchasing materials, supplies, equipment, and services and will report to the Purchasing/Inventory Control Manager. The position works closely with the inventory planner to maintain inventory levels and prevent stock-outs and assure goods are available to meet customer demand.
- Oversee purchase orders for all materials and supplies per established procedures. Order supplies, equipment, tooling, and contract services for all departments.
- Monitor and follow up on order confirmations and shipment dates with vendors. Communicate status of any backordered or missing products to team.
- Monitor weekly reports for unconfirmed and aged purchase orders.
- Oversee supplier shipping schedules. Ensure timely deliveries to satisfy the assigned orders and expedite shipping dates when necessary.
- Oversee timely payments of invoices.
- Maintain records within Sage for all vendor returns and ensure that all defective or non- conforming products are scrapped or returned and issued credit.
- Assist with purchase records (Contracts, MSDS, SDS, W9, Certificate of Insurance, etc.) and vendor files.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers including our contract manufacturing partners.
- Collaborate with internal functions when supplier issues arise. Facilitate returns and replacement stock.
- Participate in cross functional team meetings.
- Assist in implementing planned process changes and new product launches.
- Support procurement with research of prospective suppliers, confirm product selection, request quotes, confirm pricing, MOQ and lead time as assigned.
- Assist Inventory Planner to maintain inventory levels and prevent potential stock-outs. Perform cycle counts and physical inventory as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Forward thinking, organized, multitasker.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and be able to maintain databases.
- Sage 100 experience a plus or similar ERP system.
Warehouse Associate Position Overview
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse, and production assembly. Warehouse Associates report to the area supervisor and/or the warehouse manager. First shift only.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Unload Incoming freight containers
- Verify product receipt to picking sheet
- Safely and accurately store inventory
- Production Assembly in gas caddy, EuroVent, and nuts & bolts areas
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Preform inventory counts to insure accuracy and correct location of product
- Housekeeping as necessary, including empty trash, sweep, and scrub floors
Physical demands and abilities
- Required to use hands to feel and arms to reach
- Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Wear proper safety equipment
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Warehouse experience a plus.
Desired Candidate Characteristics
- Detail Oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- Positive attitude
- Team-oriented and collaborative
The Perks of working at JohnDow
Here at JohnDow, we understand how important job satisfaction is. When you work at JohnDow, you get:
- Health Benefits including medical and dental and Health Savings Account
- 401K contribution and company match (after one year of service)
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company bonus opportunities
- First shift only, no nights or weekends (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Great work environment!